We stayed at The Inn at Serenbe which is a B&B in a beautifully restored farmhouse. You can also rent cottages on the property. There are stables where you can feed the animals and take hay rides (great for kids)... and there is an organic farm where they grow/raise all of the food that they serve in their restaurants. The food there was AMAZING!! 90% of everything they serve is organic and locally grown. I would drive up again for the day just to eat at the restaurants.
Within the community are cute little shops, markets, salons, galleries and lots of neat homes. All of the homes and buildings are different in style - traditional, modern, rustic, Caribbean, and even some antebellum. Everything about the community is Eco-friendly and organic. It's a really neat place - especially to be in the middle of nowhere Georgia. If you are interested in visiting, you might want to wait until fall - when it's not so hot outside. Check out their website http://www.serenbe.com/ and be sure to look for an article in the upcoming fall issue of EAL.
Here are some of the things we did...
Strolled around the community (you can rent bikes or golf carts to explore trails around the property and stroll around town).
There is a farmer's market every Saturday where they sell local produce, homemade goods, gifts, flowers, etc.

The Farm (The Inn where we stayed is the white house in the background)
Our room
One of the guest cottages

Dale & I eating dinner at The Hil
.jpg)
The Blue Eyed Daisy is a cute restaurant/bakery in the community
I loved this painting on the side of one of the buildings in town
There were beautiful gardens all over the property
Me & Ginger
Aaron, Ginger, Me & Dale at The Farmhouse
There is a farmer's market every Saturday where they sell local produce, homemade goods, gifts, flowers, etc.
The Farm (The Inn where we stayed is the white house in the background)
Our room
One of the guest cottagesDale & I eating dinner at The Hil
.jpg)
The Blue Eyed Daisy is a cute restaurant/bakery in the community
Eating a local organic peach - they were so sweet & juicy!!
Jumping on the in-ground trampoline (would love to have one of these for our kids one day)
My dream home!! We took a tour of this house and it is gorgeous!
Dale & I before dinner at The Farmhouse

Hey Scarlotte!! I started this blogging addiction and went looking for people I know and I found your blog. You will have to add me to your list so we can keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteOh it looks fabulous- can't wait for the article! What a great way to spend a weekend!
ReplyDelete