Monday, March 7, 2011

Lindsey & Tyler's Wedding

I apologize for just now posting the most important and memorable weekend of this year so far. Two weekends ago my sister got married in Charleston and it was AMAZING!! I'm not just saying this because it was my sister, but it really was the most fun wedding I've ever been to (and I've been to a lot of them)! The wedding ceremony was downtown at St. Luke’s Chapel and the reception was at Historic Boone Hall Plantation in Mt Pleasant.

Boone Hall Plantation is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. It's "low country" at its finest and full of history. You can feel the soul of it when you’re standing amidst the rows of 88 Live Oak trees that were planted in 1743 (though the plantation has existed since 1681). That very row of trees inspired the row of oak trees at Tara in the movie "Gone With the Wind". Tom Hanks ran down this road in the infamous scene "Run Forest, Run" and Nicholas Sparks "The Notebook" was also filmed at Boone Hall. It’s an easy place to fall in love with - and it’s still a working plantation where they farm Indigo and Cotton.

I'm so proud of my sister for planning such an incredible wedding on a limited budget and while working full time. Everything about the wedding was absolutely stunning - from the gorgeous flowers to the indigenous food (low country boil) - everything came together perfectly!

Since I took over 700 pictures, I have TRIED to narrow it down to just a few of my favs for the blog. I'm going to start off with a few pics from the professional photographer (who, by the way, is an amazingly talented 14 yr-old boy!!) Will post some of the pictures I took in the next post.

"Run Tyler, Run" This is my favorite!

More pics to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment