Sunday, August 2, 2009

Projects

During the summer we are rarely home on weekends when there is not anything going on. Well this weekend was one of those rare occasions and I was so excited to be able to tackle some projects around the house.

Project #1: Potted Herb Garden

I LOVE cooking with fresh herbs, but they can be pretty $$ at the grocery store and most of the time I don't have them on hand when I'm cooking. So I decided to plant my own potted herbs. I am NOT a gardener and, to be honest, I don't know what I'm doing... but it's still fun to try. If any of you have advice about caring for potted herbs, I would love to hear from you!

The herbs I planted are pictured below: Greek Thyme, Italian Parsley, Sweet Basil (my favorite) and oregano.

Project #2: Swing Set
One of my mom's friends offered us their cedar swing set for FREE if we would just come and get it out of their yard. It was much larger than we thought and it took three guys four hours just to disassemble and move the pieces to our yard. Now the question/bet is, how long the pieces will sit in our yard before it gets reassembled :)

Thank you, Aaron & Brent for all your help!!

It took two truck loads to get it all moved.

Hopefully, I will be posting a photo soon of our new swing set assembled!




1 comment:

  1. I love your potted herbs! I've always wanted to do that as well but never really knew what to do or how to do it. You might just have given me the little boost I needed. :-)

    ReplyDelete