Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Icing on the Cake

I'm blogging about this because ONE day I might think this is funny...



It took me two and a half hours to make this made-from-scratch birthday cake for my mom yesterday (obviously, I'm not a great baker or it wouldn't have taken me that long and the cake would have looked much more professional). Anyway, dumb me decided to put it on the floor next to an air vent so the icing would "set up". As I started to clean up, I caught something out of the corner of my eye and looked over to see Samson (my dog) licking away at the icing (hence, the messed up part of cake in the picture). I could have strangled him! My mom still doesn't know that's what messed up the icing. I told her it got thrown around while being transported in the car and we just ate the opposite side of the cake (I know that's gross, but I wasn't about to throw away something that I had worked so hard on).

1 comment:

  1. Look at your cake decorating skills!!!! Remember when we had time to take classes for fun like cake decorating!? :) And ewww to Samson....

    ReplyDelete