Monday, May 31, 2010

She Said Yes!!

My sister got engaged Friday in Charleston and we were able to go surprise her and then stay for the rest of the weekend! I can't even begin to describe how much fun we had! This was my first time visiting Charleston and I absolutely loved it! It was the best family vacation we have ever had (probably had a lot to do with the engagement :) We loved the history and beauty of the town and everyone was so nice. We did a ton of walking, took a carriage tour, ate fabulous food, did a little shopping and even went swimming. Here are some photos from the trip...
Our hotel room at Charleston Place which was one of the nicest and most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. I would highly recommend it if you ever visit Charleston!

Sitting around the fountain in front of our hotel

On a carriage tour ride around town while we were waiting on Tyler to propose (Lindsey didn't know we were there).


Scenic view of Meeting Street

One of my favorite houses that we saw (there was still so much we didn't get to see)

This was right after Tyler proposed (I wish I had pictures of the actual proposal but they were off by themselves). Lindsey was SO surprised! She was still in shock from the proposal and then she couldn't believe it when she came around the corner and saw that we were all there. She cried non-stop for about an hour!


We are so excited that Tyler will be joining our family... we couldn't ask for a better brother-in-law!

The newly engaged couple!


I love this picture of Lindsey and Tyler. Georgia loves Tyler!

The Brown kids



My parents

The whole gang (our family and Tyler's family) eating dinner at Fleet Landing

Argh, Matey!




One of many street entertainers we encountered around town... this "one man band" was super talented!

4 comments:

  1. I saw your sweet parents in Party City last Wednesday when I was buying pink balloons for our announcement. So happy for Lindsey. Her fiance looks a lot like Blake Rice in the picture of the two of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited for her! We stayed at the same hotel when we went to Charelston a couple of years ago. It was so fun. Seeing your pictures really made me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so excited for Lindsey and your family! The pictures are great and how wonderful that she was so surprised!! What a special trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT a fun trip! We LOVE LOVE Charleston, too- we went pre-kids, but it looks like it was a fun with- kids trip! Also, that is absolutely hilarious about the cake. I totally would have kept it, too. Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete