- PB&J or PB&B (banana)
- Turkey & cheese sandwich OR (on a special occasion) GRILLED turkey & cheese!!
- Noodle soup w/ cheese toast
- (if we're lucky) leftovers from the night before
p.s. we did the hot dog thing for a while, but the kids quickly got tired of them. And they like chicken fingers okay, but not enough to take the time to bake them for lunch.

Can't wait to read some ideas. GA loves the ravioli that you buy in the refrigerated section. I put some jarred marinara or alfredo on it and it only takes about 5 minutes to boil. It is much better for you than the canned ravioli (less sodium, no MSG, and I buy the whole wheat kind).
ReplyDeleteThere is a blog called Muffin Tin Mom http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteSterling is just now getting old enough to appreciate it so I haven't tried it out yet. I think she will have a theme for the day or week or something and you serve lunch in a muffin tin, which I'm guessing has to do with portion size. Like one day the theme may be purple or triangles or something like that. You could check out her archives because others take pictures of their muffin tins too giving you endless ideas. I really need to do this too. I think my list of lunches is shorter than yours.
Ok, so we don't have kids (yet!), but I bring my lunch to work everyday and the only way I can make it all work with our schedules is by making it all on Sunday. Think, for example, baked potato week. Cook them all on Sunday, put them each in a container, different topping depending on the day (and what's in the fridge), snacks pre-divided into ziplock bags, etc. Then, all I have to do it grab and go in the morning! Obviously this takes time on Sunday, but maybe the kids could enjoy an hour of special daddy time while you throw it together ;-)
ReplyDeleteABC's and 123's! Fish sticks. But, yeah, other than the ones you've said, we're in the same rut!
ReplyDeletewe don't have a huge variety either. sometimes we'll do cheese roll ups or pbj roll ups in those xtreme fiber tortillas (lots of fiber/protein). i'll micro the cheese one for 30 seconds and it's yummy.
ReplyDeletei just found cleaning out my publix preschool pals newsletter that had ham and cheese crescents in it. roll 1/2 slice ham and 1/2 T shredded cheese up in crescent roll, roll up, and bake. you could really put anything in there!