Back in the summer, while running my first 5K race, I realized that after running up a big hill I would feel a sudden burst of energy and I could run further and faster than before. Now don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that I'm Wonderwoman. Just like everyone else, immediately after running a big hill I am hurting, winded, and sometimes nauseous... BUT once my heart rate slows down and I catch my breath I've noticed I not only regain my strength, but so much more! It's like someone gives me a shot of redbull and I'm ready to go! I don't know if it's like that for everyone who runs, but this discovery has intrigued me ever since.
So the other day during a run I was talking to God and thanking Him for a specific prayer that He had answered in His most perfect timing (this circumstance was something that had been weighing heavily on me for a while and it was causing some serious stress in my life). I suddenly felt like my eyes were opened to the analogy of my discovery back in the summer. When we come upon struggles and battles in our lives, they are like running up a hill.
- We always dread the hills - even though we know they are coming at some point.
- We know hills are good for our training because they promote strength and endurance, increase heart rate, and improve performance and speed.
- While running up a hill we are physically and mentally exhausted and once we peak the top of the hill our bodies are spent, winded, and we're not sure if we can go any further...
- BUT if we keep focused and don't stop, eventually the pain will subside and God will give us a renewed strength - even bigger and better than before!
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13


I loved this post and it is so true! Glad your prayer was answered. It was great seeing you all this morning, have a great week!
ReplyDeletestill think this verse when running uphill or long distances! i love this too from Romans 5:3-4
ReplyDelete3 ...we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Thanks so much for the encouragement, Scarlotte! Just what I needed to read today. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletexoxo