Monday, January 4, 2010
My name is Mommy...
I'm so tired of saying this! For some reason, our two year old daughter has decided to call me by my first name... except she pronounces it "Skawlett". She has been doing this for a couple of weeks and I don't know why or what is prompting her do it. I told Dale that it must be hereditary because ever since middle school he has called his mom by her first name - Jane. I surely hope this is a phase that will fizzle away quickly. This morning was the icing on the cake. She kept calling my name and I kept ignoring her thinking that maybe she would eventually say "Mommy", but instead she yelled in a firm voice "Skawlett Ann". Ann is my middle name and I guess she heard Dale call me that (he will call me "Scarlotte Ann" in a playful tone when I do something silly or ignorant :) Anyway, we laughed and laughed about that this morning and I said I had to blog about it so we will remember this PHASE (fingers crossed)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Scarlotte, that is HILARIOUS!! I think you need to post a video of her saying it, because I bet it's even funnier coming from that sweet little girl. I love all of your new posts and pictures! Hope to see you SOON!!
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny Scarlotte! It is so funny what they pick up on when we think they aren't paying any attention. I remember Hillary doing this with my grandmother. I'm not sure if she did it to Mom or not. It was definitely just a phase...Of course now that she is grown she calls her Patsy (her name is Patty) and I'm not really sure why.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I love it! I can't wait to hear her say it one day!:)
ReplyDelete