First of all, let me apologize to all of my RTR friends and family out there. You might not want to read any further because you might get upset with me. However, this is worth posting...
I thought things had hit rock bottom the other day when I heard a song (if you even want to call it that) on the country radio station with the words "I'm from Ala-freakin'-bama... Roll Tide Roll". At first I thought, "is this a joke" and then I thought I was going to throw up. How embarrassing for our lovely state to have a song like this dedicated to it. Just sickening!
So just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I read this post from my brother's blog today:
"Governor Bob Riley has officially designated January 6th as Mark Ingram Day. Yes, you heard correctly. Try not to think too hard about it because it won't make any sense. The governor has made an official holiday in honor of an Alabama football player. The only question I have now is when was Bo Jackson and Pat Sullivan Day? Anyway, Happy 2nd Best RB in the SEC Day!"
Go Longhorns!!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow, I wonder why they didn't call it "12th Best Statistical Player on the Team Day". Crazy world we live in, heck, crazy state.
ReplyDeleteokay, so Kevin told me he heard this song tonight too! Just TERRIBLE!! And the worst part about MI Day...he wasn't even the most qualified to win the Heisman! Suh's stats alone were better than entire defenses put together...Gerhart leads in 4 out of 5 categories & he doesn't win! Boo...no more credibility to the Heisman!
ReplyDeleteI really can't decide what is worse.... the song or the "official day." Hopefully, it will all go away tomorrow night with a Longhorn victory! Hook'em Horns!
ReplyDeleteI am outraged the Governor would waste a day much less his time thinking of something so stupid!! The Governor and 3 others are spending $50,000 right now on 3 days at the national Championship and are supposed to be bringing business back to our state. The Governor should be more concerned about things that are important! What about having an official day for one of our fallen soldiers or something with more meaning not to mention the fact Ingram wasn`t the best one to win!!
ReplyDeleteScarlotte,
ReplyDeleteYou may not know me, but I know the Vaughn family really well. Anyway, I'm a blogstalker ;) I can't believe what I am hearing! Ridiculous! You took the words right out of my mouth regarding Bo Jackson and Pat Sullivan day. Luckily, I live in Atlanta, and don't have to listen to this mess every day like you guys do, but I agree with every word you just said! War Eagle!